Happy Thursday! Our Internet has been on the fritz which is why I haven’t been able to post since Monday. This happens all the time so we are finally ditching our Time Warner Cable and switching to AT&T U-verse (YAY!!!) Our bill is going to be much cheaper and hopefully we will finally have service.
Here are some things I’ve been up to:
1. I discovered Angry Orchard hard cider when we went to Milwaukee Brew Fest this year. I’m not much of a beer drinker, but I LOVE hard cider so I had to pick up a case when we went to the Pick N’ Save last night.
2. I also found this crazy PB&J vodka from Vincent Van Gogh (who knew!?). I have no idea how you would make a drink out of this, but I thought it was totally unique.
3. Last night for dinner we make these Corn and Scallion Sourdough Pancakes from the King Arthur Flour catalog (they have great recipes in there). Watch our for a post on this soon!
4. Tonight I am getting to work and canning my own pickles with the canning equipment West Bend sent me a few weeks ago. I picked up the cucumbers and dill at the farmers market in downtown Milwaukee yesterday and bought more jars at Target that night. I’m going to make this recipe for sweet pickles below and a batch of garlicky dill pickles from Food in Jars. I really hope this works. Brenton is going to happy hour so I’ll be tackling this one by myself.
5. In addition to switching cable companies, I’m also switching gyms. I’m just not happy where I am now (even though it’s only $19.99/month). The equipment is constantly breaking down (which they don’t fix), and they don’t even have any mats or towels. I haven’t decided 100% where I’m going to go to next, but I did get a class pass at Yama Yoga in Milwaukee. I’ve taken classes there before and they run a legit yoga studio. It’s so industrial yet earthy inside and the teachers are so knowledgeable.
To get started with my practice again, I REALLY want these Astro Pants from Lululemon. I tried them on at their store in the Third Ward last week and they feel like butter. I looked at yoga pants at TJ Maxx a few days later and the quality just doesn’t even compare. Because these are way more than I have ever paid for pants, I really need to think it over before purchasing them. So far, I still REALLY want them and my infatuation with them hasn’t passed.
6. On the workout front, I ran 4.5 miles on the treadmill yesterday morning and my knees felt pretty good. Maybe while my pickles are hanging out in their water bath I can squeeze in some PT exercises, which really help. In fact, I can see the subject for my next vlog now!
Hope you all have a fabulous day!
Question: What are you excited about today?