Oh la la. When it comes to cooking, nothing has changed my life quite like Le Creuset. I hinted to the giveaway yesterday in this Cranberry Swirl Bread post. For the past month, I’ve used Le Creuset’s 5 qt. Oval French Oven more than anything else in my kitchen.
My cherry red oven has also made its Milwaukee Journal Sentinel debut in Sunday’s paper. I used it to make and display a creamy stovetop mac and cheese. Baby Tristan loved it (and the kid in me did too).
The feature I love most about this Dutch oven is that you can go directly from the stovetop to the oven because it’s made of heavy-duty cast iron. So a mac and cheese that you finish in the oven to crisp up the top would be perfect. In addition to three batches of mac and cheese (yes, we’ve been on quite a kick lately), we’ve also made a venison loin with roasted vegetables, Ginger and Pear Butternut Squash Soup and gumbo (to name a few).
Besides how gorgeous it is (seriously, I leave it on my stove 24/7 — it’s way too pretty for a cupboard), it also distributes heat evenly, features ergonomic handles and the interior enamel resists chipping and cleans easily. Other features include:
- Colorful, long-lasting exterior enamel resists chipping and cracking; interior enamel is engineered to resist staining and dulling
- Sand-colored interior enamel makes it easy to monitor food as it cooks, preventing burning and sticking
- Oversized handles provide even weight distribution and a secure grip
- Ergonomic composite knobs are heat resistant to 500°F
- Built-in lid stabilizers provide a secure, no-slide fit
- The lightest weight per quart of any premium cast iron cookware available
My French oven is the traditional Cherry color, but Le Creuset also offers a variety of stylish hues to match your kitchen perfectly, such as Quince (this cheerful yellow is my new favorite), Dune, Caribbean, Flame, Cassis and much more.
Le Creuset Giveaway!
My Le Creuset French Oven is one of those things that I’ll have for 50 years (and leave it to my favorite grandchild in my will). I love it so much and can’t wait to offer this cooking experience to one (1) lucky She’s on the Run reader! The winner will receive his or her very own Le Creuset 5 qt. Oval French Oven (VALUED AT $270!!). To enter, all you have to do is leave a comment below telling me what you’d make if you won this Dutch oven. Also, you MUST like Le Creuset on Facebook (this will also give you a second entry).
For EXTRA ENTRIES (please leave a comment for each additional entry), you may:
3. Tweet about the giveaway, saying something like, “I entered the @lecreuset #giveaway from @Shesontherun! http://shesontherun.com/?p=3636″
4. Follow me on Twitter @Shesontherun
5. Follow me on Facebook
6. Follow me on Pinterest
7. Follow Le Creuset on Twitter
The giveaway will be open from today until March 14, 2013. Good luck!!!
Disclaimer: Le Creuset has given me this product to review. I was not given the product in exchange for a positive review. All opinions are my own.